arrow_upward
Best anime with a good story?
I haven’t watched much anime, but I’ve recently gotten into it and love when I can find something with a good plot. Anyone have any recommendations for a good story based show? Bonus points for if there’s a romance element. For example, I thought Spice & Wolf was great. I also tried Bakemonogatari, but kinda lost interest.

Code Geass is my favorite anime.  The story is amazing and the ending is probably one of the best I've seen.

Oh, yeah, I saw that one. I loved it, the characters were really well done and the story kept me hooked. Although it did take a few weird turns now and then lol.

'Maoyuu Maou Yuusha' gave me really heavy Spice & Wolf vibes, so maybe check that one out. If you don't mind forgoing the romance stuff, I thought Fate/Zero and Madoka both had pretty good stories, but they aren't exactly uplifting...

If you're new to anime I recommend you to watch Sword Art Online. It has become too mainstream for some people (whatever that means Undecided ), but it is action packed and has an excelent "romantic" plot

Thanks for the recommendation, that looks perfect for what I’m looking for. 

I’ll also check out SAO, looks decently interesting as well.

Some don’t consider this an Anime but the avatar last airbender is just too good. Plus you have Legend of Korra if you want something fresh but from the same universe. There are just so many little things that make it rewatchable

Clone wars!

I would 100 say berserk

Hunter x hunter is decent in my opinion.

Samurai Champloo.
Also, it's a mini series so it doesn't drag on forever.

Darling In The Franxx has a decent story and romance.
Attack on titan is really on a roll rn, story wise is a 10 imo

Even though it has pretty slow start with alot of worldbuilding and setup in the beginning, if you're into time travel then I'd strongly recommend Steins;Gate. One of my favorites.

There are many good anime like Fullmetal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Code Geas and any more. My personal Favorit is Attack on Titan, because the Story, the animation, the plot, everything is sooo good.

New series coming out now like Kumo Desu ga Nanika and stuff should check it out on MAL or something

One Piece is the best one!

Fullmetal Alchemist.

kimi no na wa is a good romance

Kino no Tabi and Mushishi are excellent if you enjoy deep stories with minimalist story telling

Watch Kaguya Sama, so damn good