arrow_upward
Best place to learn javascript?
Want to learn javascript and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites to learn it? I am an experienced programmer so don't want any tutorials that explains things like loops and conditional statements, just want to learn the syntax and scripting fast.

The way I learned was to use it lol, I was on a project and I didn't know anything about it and what I did was search for everything I had doubts, since I also knew how to code at that time

Just find preexisting projects that you can read through and test as you go along. I watched youtube videos aswell, but mainly from forums

you can check out freecodecamp.com

If you have prior CS knowledge already honestly just start some projects and look up the syntax on stackexchange.

Find the advice given to be sufficient

Idk if its free (i'm pretty sure it is) but theres a website that I used called practiceit.

best place to learn is probably from the guys who build your browser ?

RE: Best place to learn javascript?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Best place to learn javascript?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

These guys built a JavaScript course to help new developers get up and running , check it out

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Best place to learn javascript?.

Well I used this

Registered Members Only

Short, to the point with nice structure where you can learn the language fast and use as a doc as well and look stuff up.

Or this

Registered Members Only

Shorter than the previous and linear even more to the point, specifically designed to experienced programmers. Also free just have to subscribe to the newsletter than you can unsub a sec later if you want. Also has Node, Express and other tutorials but i havent read those.

Just build your own website. JavaScript is really learning by doing. It's not that hard if you can code in Java for example you're able to code in JavaScript

CodeAcademy is a great place to get started.
But utlimately the best teacher is expereince. Decide that you want to create your own website from scratch. You'll learn as you go

john123456789 Wrote:Want to learn javascript and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites to learn it? I am an experienced programmer so don't want any tutorials that explains things like loops and conditional statements, just want to learn the syntax and scripting fast.
youtube has some nice vids

try FreeCodeCamp.com

I would really recommend Udemy for the basics. I would recommend 2 courses
- Maximilian Schwarzmüller: JavaScript - The Complete Guide 2020 (Beginner + Advanced)

Registered Members Only

- Anthony Alicea: JavaScript - Understanding the weird parts

Registered Members Only

freecodecamp is a great way to get started. also looking into projects that interest you on github

john123456789 Wrote:Want to learn javascript and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for sites to learn it? I am an experienced programmer so don't want any tutorials that explains things like loops and conditional statements, just want to learn the syntax and scripting fast.
I think javascript is good

freecodecamp is the way to go, easy entrance, for free and you learn html and css as well