arrow_upward
Best programming language to learn?
I have alot of time on my hands with this quarantine. Thinking about learning how to code. What's the best language to start with?

python - super easy to learn, huge community and extremely widespread.

I would recommend python too. You can't be wrong with it.

How would you recommend starting to learn?

There are many course online. It's all about how you prefer to learn. Video ? Text ? Of course, in anyway you will need to write down some code. It's how you really learn. Most online course will do a great jobs on teaching how to write syntax. But you will need to find some small project to do by yourself. A good exercise is to program a calculator and to add new feature when you progress. If you success to print a graph of a function, you will be in a really good way.

Google is your best friend, ask him anything. Every programmer ask Google dozen of question per day. You are not bad because you search on google, but it's the way to learn.

python is a great scripting language and good one to start with. but one thing to ask is what type of coding are you interested in doing? front-end, back-end, web development, scripting? these are some things to think about when deep diving into a language but if you have zero experience then python is a good place to begin!

[+] 1 user Likes hybridhunter's post
javascript for web fuck the rest

Java tbh, it's the future. Pythone is pretty good too. But if you want to start from the basics go for C++

depends what you want to do but Python is a good place to start.

I think it's crazy to thin that Java is the future lol - I would recommend you start with Python since the code syntax is so simple. Then I would move on to JavaScript (typescript would be even better), and then work to a more advanced low-level language like C# or Go.

Java is never to late to learn you can find tutorial everywhere.. Is for your basic principles and logic.. You can programming pattern here for your advance programming principles.

Julia, if you do technical calculations, it is the best