arrow_upward
Best way to cook a steak?
Been watching tons of videos recently on cooking and am wondering how any of y’all prefer to cook your steak.  Or even what cut of meat you prefer?  Let me know!

Sous Vide then torch the outside til golden brown

I like the reverse sear.  Preheat oven to 135C/275F and cook for about 20 minutes.  Then in a pan on really high heat, add oil and sear each side for 1 minute. You can add garlic/butter/thyme to baste for 30s on each side for more flavor

[+] 1 user Likes thefallingbackpack's post
Spin it 4 times with 3 min for each site. Use only salt and pepper for the seasoning and use only quality meat. The hardest part is to analyse the heat and the thickness of the meat to adjust heat or time.

Search GuGa foods on YouTube. Alot of his videos are about steaks.

Depends on the cut? A screaming hot pan at 4 mins each side works great. Just let it sit until it's at room temp and cover it in salt and pepper.

(before cooking)

Grilled, 100% I like a good medium / medium-rare, keeps it flavourful without being too brutal

Gotta agree with the sous vide then sear approach. Comes out beautifully.

+1 to sous vide. I personally prefer finishing it off on a cast iron

Sous vide is pretty good

Fresh cracked pepper, kosher salt, maybe garlic powder and brush with a little oil. Very hot grill. 3-5 min each side depending on thickness. I just go for a good sear and grill marks on each side. If the grill is hot enough to sear it then you will lock in the juice and flavor and come out about mid-rare. And like most have said, start with a good stake. You want a good cut with some fat marbling and some fat along the edge. You don’t have to eat the fat... but if it’s seared it tastes so good! If you don’t have fat you will have dry bland shoe leather.

Raw. Like pinky

Sous Vide then seared in a pan. medium for sure.

Best way is sous vide and then pan sear or use a torch to sear.

Reverse sear on a wood burning pit

I prefer it medium rare cooked on cast iron

Americas Test Kitchen and Alton Brown are my favorites cooking videos because they really break down some of the science and facts of cooking. discuss whats cuts of meat come from where, why some or more tender or tougher, how we determine quality, how you should prepare whatever cut their discussing... For me right now my favorite steaks are Rib Eyes pan-fried... Or Sirloin...