arrow_upward
Bug in the posting system
Yesterday, I reported that I had made several posts in the Discussion Forums, but I wasn't receiving any credits for making posts, as I was two days ago.  I started yesterday with 1,431 credits, and made eight (8) posts.  But my credits stayed at 1,431.

I decided to see if maybe this was a bug because of the v5/v7 transition.  I started today with 1,431 credits, and 1,447 posts.  I made two posts in the Discussion Forums under the v5 system, but no credits were given.  I then switched over to the v7 system, to test the v5/v7 bug theory.  I made two posts in the Discussion Forums, but again, no new credits were given.  Credits remain at 1,431.

I respectfully ask two things:
1. Fix the bug.
2. Restore the missing credits to my account.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
In an effort to combat spam we have made a change to how Credits work.

Now Credits are only given for Threads, conversely, making posts does not reduce your contributor rating.

Just trying something out
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

If Credits are only given for Threads, then we're going to be littered with empty threads. Yes, there's a moderation team, but I can simply see more (than now) low effort threads. If that's also the case, CL is received for threads created, so Credits = CL as well?

>If Credits are only given for Threads, then we're going to be littered with empty threads. Yes, there's a moderation team, but I can simply see more (than now) low effort threads.
I agree with what thundereder9t8y said. All of the discussion boards are going to be spammed with empty threads. We're all limited to 25 posts per 24 hours, which is 25 credits. So what happens when people post 25 dead threads to get credits? If that's the only way to do it, then the Discussion Forums might just become impossible to navigate.

(28-09-2021, 04:01 PM)olichan12 Wrote: >If Credits are only given for Threads, then we're going to be littered with empty threads. Yes, there's a moderation team, but I can simply see more (than now) low effort threads.
I agree with what thundereder9t8y said.  All of the discussion boards are going to be spammed with empty threads.  We're all limited to 25 posts per 24 hours, which is 25 credits.  So what happens when people post 25 dead threads to get credits?  If that's the only way to do it, then the Discussion Forums might just become impossible to navigate.

The difference is that Threads need to be manually approved until a user reaches 100 Threads approved. 

This means that until a user has reached a good enough Level, all their threads are moderated
leakedbb.com/faq.php

>The difference is that Threads need to be manually approved until a user reaches 100 Threads approved.
>This means that until a user has reached a good enough Level, all their threads are moderated

I think that means that you may just spend a lot more time manually approving links everywhere on this board. It won't come immediately, but I think there's going to be a lot more threads everywhere, because of the hunt for credits. Remember how you were paying people to do deep dives and remove duplicate links? I suspect that you'll have a lot of duplicate links soon. That's gonna make your life a lot harder.

Yes, this new revamped system is a bit faulty. I made a detailed thread in the Sports forum about the boxing and MMA fights that took place in the weekend but got no credit for that thread. That really upsetted me because I took a lot of time for me to write, and I got no credit for it. 

I also posted a thread sharing some of my other grievances, but the moderators didn't approve of it. This is very discouraging to new users, such as myself.

Quote:I think that means that you may just spend a lot more time manually approving links everywhere on this board. It won't come immediately, but I think there's going to be a lot more threads everywhere, because of the hunt for credits. Remember how you were paying people to do deep dives and remove duplicate links? I suspect that you'll have a lot of duplicate links soon. That's gonna make your life a lot harder.

Yup, simply this, I know that forums like this is suppose to be making money, but potentially either:

1. hiring more moderators to control these threads.
2. eliminating the credits associating to thread creation, instead, credits are earned through posts/comments.

The experiment is fine, but you will end up seeing more work than it's actually worth. 1 credit per post is fine as long as CL negates people from actually unlocking, it is a better approach, but this goes hand-in-hand with what I had discussed with the duplicate threads so people are raising their own CL, etc for it. You'll eventually see swarms of threads opening, and moderating that in the end it would not be worth it. My two cents.

Lets let this run for a month and see how it works out
leakedbb.com/faq.php