arrow_upward
Carnival Cruises
Has anyone here gone on a cruise before? I’m planning a cruise with a group of buddies and we’re thinking of booking with Carnival. It’s pretty cheap and the food buffets look good. I never been on cruises so any thing I should know will be great!

Honestly I've only been on a couple cruises but I know that for your first time, depending on how prone to sea sickness you are and budget, you either want a cabin in the middle of the ship on a lower deck or an aft cabin. The former is for if you are prone to seasickness as the rooms in the middle and the lower you go in a ship experience less motion from the ocean and they also tend to cost less. The aft cabins (always go for corner rooms as they can have a stretched balcony) can cost you more but give you more views as well as square footage per room. The only downside is that aft rooms can be prone to shakes from the engines and there is a chance for the exhaust to blow into the rooms. For either one I would recommend an ocean facing room, depending on your budget, I would recommend Oceanview or Balcony cabins that specifically do not have obstructed views. Stay away from rooms with connection doors as well as rooms near elevators. Other than that I'd say have fun going into a cruise is most fun without too much planning. Though I highly recommend going to the buffets as soon as they open as the later you go the more, well lets just say "used" they look and are.