arrow_upward
Champions League
I feel over the past few years the champions league has been a bit boring, like it's all mainly players focusing on money more than the game. I feel like they lost their spirit and love of the game. Am i the only one that feels like that or are there others too?

I feel like the game is evolving, not neccesarily the players that’s lost their spirit. Also there are no fans watching now so it might affect their form and i feel like the game is more technical rather than pure football skill like what it used to be 5-10 years ago

old football was always better when players didn't dive and fake to get a free penalty

Looking foward to watching

[+] 1 user Likes Hellofello10's post
I think with the seeding pots nowadays, it takes away the chances of a shock result, it's all geared towards having the better, money making teams in the latter stages of the tournament.
Bring back a straight forward knockout cup - even if each round is over 2 legs - it may give us some excitement when you see some little unknown team from Hungary taking the mighty PSG or Barcelona to extra time or penalties, never mind the euphoria if they manage to knock them out on their best day ever!

I've attended many, many games over the years - and that buzz of it being a knockout game, thats what keeps you on the edge of your seat.

The main problem is that most of the money in football is in the hands of a few clubs

It will obviously never happen, but it's fun to imagine a system with a salary cap. I guess FFP ideally was trying to do that, or at least a luxury tax, but it seems to be a total joke.

modern footy sucks balls

Do you guys remember how the UCL knockout draw busted with fixing the match a few years back? This tournament obviously care more about profit for real

I've been watching football for around 20 years and it's just not the same anymore, with empty stadiums it's even worse because there are no fans to support the players so sometimes it feels like they're not even trying

I agree to you - its not the same like the good old times. I often remeber to 2005, Liverpol vs MIlan... Awesome!

No, Champions league was the best, is the best, and will be the best competition