arrow_upward
Chromebook vs Windows
Okay guys, I need a new laptop. Its between another gaming laptop or a Chromebook. To be more clear on the subject I wanted for coding and gaming purposes. What is your experience with a Chromebook for coding and gaming? would I be able to come text editors on the Chrome OS or have to stick with the App stores? Would it just be better if I buy the gaming laptop, emote windows and install Linxu?

Overall it is better to have just gaming laptop, you can make partitions per operating system and use windows for gaming purposes and linux for programming Smile

[+] 1 user Likes fcpasses's post
I heard that software like Lutris let's me play windows games on Linux? Is it a good alternative or nah?

Not really, basically everything that is not lets call it "baremetal" in sense of operating system will not work efficiently. It is the same situation with playing in virtual machine, you get % of real performance

Was a while since I used a chromebook last time, but if you want to do coding you definitely should get a windows laptop. Chromebook is a amazing product but maybe not so much for your use case, a real IDE is great to have.

Although I want to clarify it's entirely possible to do it with a chromebook

I would recommend against a Chromebook for your use case. If you really get into coding you might want to install Linux down the line and learn it too eventually.

Don't go for Chromebook, it'll be very limiting

I would go for windows.

Neither man, just go mac all the way those guys at apple knew what they were doing

Gaming notebook with virtual machine to use linux.
That's the way i do it and prefer that anyday above a chromebook