arrow_upward
Coding bootcamps
Have any of you guys done a coding bootcamp? It's an accelerrated course that allows you to become a developer quickly in 3 months. Seriously considering quitting my job to do one and change my career but curious if anyone else has done the same. thanks

[+] 1 user Likes joachimlee's post
As long as you have the CSCI background, a coding bootcamp should be fine. I just wouldn't quit your job until you have a programming job. It used to be that you could get a job immediately upon graduating from a coding bootcamp. Now, you have a to have a Github full of examples of programs you've written, just to be considered for a job.

Unless you're a pajeet coder. Then you can work for Boeing as long as you're happy with $9/hr.

Quote:Unless you're a pajeet coder. Then you can work for Boeing as long as you're happy with $9/hr.

For 14+ hour days too, this is where Boeing fucks up.

Nope.  Shy

That sounds interesting. I know there are groups online who will teach you given you know the right places to look.

eh, its ok. worked fine for me

YMMV with bootcamps. Some companies still have that archaic bar of college degree needed. If you can grind the interview prep and can program enough to talk through system design it will work out but bootcamp a dont guarantee that. You do

it works. I know a few who got jobs. Prepared to do the work though.