arrow_upward
College Degrees
What’s your opinion on the spectrum of college degrees such as associate all the way up to doctorates (in a chosen subject)? Would you consider it worthwhile?

I think like anything involving money it depends on your resources. But my biggest personal criteria for degress are what is the return on investment. For instances if youre looking a bachelors of science, engineering and accounting have like the highest ROI. Its a 4 year degree which is available at almost all big schools and most state schools, and youre basically middle to upper middle class. Youll probably not make crazy money unless youre super talendted at climbing the corporate ladder but its a good career.

But then you have degrees like an associates degrees that basically give you technical training (im thinking of like radiology tech etc). Which are great careers and usually have pretty good job security.

I think where it gets iffy is when pursuing anything beyond a bachelors degrees or degrees in the arts. Im not saying theres anthing wrong, but you have to really consider why youre pursuing it, whether its a passion or something similar.

[+] 1 user Likes Crispy.Tufo's post
College degress are the new high school diploma, except that they have less power to get you a job, than a high school diploma did in 1975.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
I got associates in IT and it was a waste of time. For shorter degrees like associates they spend most of the time getting people up to speed and hardly any time doing more advanced stuff that you'll use in a job.

Do you need a degree to build a computer? No.

Do you need a degree to mine crypto? No.

So do that, and mine thousands each day.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
Quote: Do you need a degree to build a computer? No.

Do you need a degree to mine crypto? No.

So do that, and mine thousands each day.
You just need a shit ton of electricity and video cards.

Quote: I got associates in IT and it was a waste of time. For shorter degrees like associates they spend most of the time getting people up to speed and hardly any time doing more advanced stuff that you'll use in a job.
The community colleges here have you go through the Cisco Academy as part of their IT degree. They want to make sure everyone actually gets a job aside from being in the Geek Squad.

i dont like it even idea of it

Consider a college degree a time and financial investment. You choose whether it will be sustainable and worth to do so.

[+] 1 user Likes mani65293456's post
I totally, agree with Mani. A degree is like a huge investment in your future and liek with any investment you have to consider the pro and cons, and what you can get out it.