arrow_upward
Conspiracy theories
Do you guys believe in conspiracy theories? I’ve been watching a ton of documentaries regarding so many different conspiracy theories. Which ones do you guys think are true??

(07-05-2021, 01:51 AM)joachimlee Wrote: Do you guys believe in conspiracy theories? I’ve been watching a ton of documentaries regarding so many different conspiracy theories. Which ones do you guys think are true??
I dont believe any of them ..

i believe some of them may be true, some others are there to distract the people from the real ones

There are more of them that are true than any of us would ever like to believe. Which ones are on your mind the most?

In general, I think conspiracy theories can be divided between prima facie reasonably plausible and totally implausible. The plausible ones are generally ones that assert a standard 'conspiracy'- shadowy figures in power colluding to do something bad. So for example, I don't personally believe that George Bush did 9/11 or that the CIA killed Kennedy, but if I found out that they had, I wouldn't be shocked to the core, or really have to change my worldview. These things are within the power of the organisations accused, and one can sort of see how they might benefit.
On the other had, there exist conspiracy theories that either require tipping one's worldview on its head (aliens, the Devil, etc.), or would require a conspiracy so huge and all-encompassing that it's just implausible. It just wouldn't be possible to run a huge conspiracy decieving the entire earth, without leaks- governments (people in general!) just aren't that competent. So e.g., flat earth- this would require massive amounts of resources, by a world government, to silence anyone who found anything and make 8 billion people deny the evidence of their own eyes. This would have to employ hunreds of thousands of people- why doesn nobody know one of them? There are seriously no leaks? No 'man in black' ever told his wife on his deathbed? It's implausible. Furthermore, there's no 'quo bono'- in whose interests could it possibly be to spend astronomical resources on convincing people the earth was the wrong shape?

At this point, the die-hard believers start making up whole cosmologies about how the world is an illlusion or it's all aliens or satanists or whatever, at which point it crosses the line from conspiracy theory into schizophrenia.

I do think whilst many theories would likely have originated from people consumed by imeither boredom or stupidity. There definitely are a plethora of theories that wouldnt be mind blowing if they were true. I think many people underestimate how much shady stuff regularly occurs through different governments, criminal organisations, intelligence agencies etc etc. To the point where sometimes, its not even unwarranted that people come up with some "wild" theories. Because sometimes crazier shit genuinely has happened lol.

Some theories seem reasonable enough because they make sense. e.g. Jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Other theories just seem plain outlandish and have no basis for their statement. e.g. 5g is bad for you. It depends on the theory and how much information their is to back up that statement.

[+] 1 user Likes Nick Savirin's post
(07-05-2021, 01:51 AM)joachimlee Wrote: Do you guys believe in conspiracy theories? I’ve been watching a ton of documentaries regarding so many different conspiracy theories. Which ones do you guys think are true??

you must be watch THE ARRIVAL..antichrist documentary from archeenar...
Marsekal Bryd with project Highjump for knowing Hollow Erath/Flat erath
Mahabaratha Ancient war
ORDINARY PEOPLE

Some of the older ones are definitely believable. The newer ones are ALMOST always politically fueled and are absolutely ridiculous.

Statistically, at least one well known theory has to be correct.

Conspiracy theories are mainly made up by people just to get attention nowadays