arrow_upward
Contributor level should increase when people reply to your thread
After reading through the rules and FAQ I understand that the contributor score is used to ensure that everyone contributes and doesn't just leech. One of the options to contribute is to post good content and threads to the non leak sections of the site.

I feel like a good way to encourage users to post good content is to award them for threads that generate a lot of discussion. It seems to me that if you were to get contributor points when someone responds to a thread you posted then that would be a good way to get users to post better content. Thoughts on this idea?

[+] 1 user Likes villano92's post
I agree with you completely and we had this system in place before. The problem arose when people created duplicate accounts in order to reply and like thier own posts, often upwards of 100 times, just to achieve a high contributor rating.

Thats why the system was removed.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Lucifer NightStar's post
Gotcha, that's cool that it was tried at one point but a bummer that people ruined it just to try and game the system. Appreciate the reply

hey villano where are you from

This makes so much sense. I wondered why my contribution score wasn't going up even afterco managed to spur some discussion.

Thank you for making this thread so we could get the mods reply.

oh this post good very useful thank you

Oh ok that makes sense, fair

Lucifer, is there a way to limit user creation based off IP?  I know this is partially negated by VPN, but to instill damage control.

Yeah people will abuse any flaw in a system. I think it is fair now.

This really should be brought back in. I can't use rep points...

Yes that would make alot more sense..

This predates me.

Quote:This really should be brought back in. I can't use rep points...

...but, how did you use to use Rep Points? Was it the same as Contributor Levels?

Agreed people will always ruin it, but I liked the system now.