arrow_upward
Culture too PC nowadays? Will they come for older media?
I was having a discussion with a girl about pop culture and maybe I'm just old, but it seems like the current trend of things are just too PC now. Like, comedy for example, seems to be a focus of getting hate because it's not "PC" anymore. This kind of crushes me.

For instance, I remember a lot of "gay jokes" being a product of the time in movies like Superbad (a fucking great movie might I add).

It had a bunch of "oh that's gay" type of jokes and also "you're a pussy" types of stuff. I watched it with two different girls who had never seen it before and they both found it unfunny for the most part. Like, they only laughed because I was laughing so hard at the jokes. I saw it back when I was younger, but to these two girls it was new and unfunny because of those jokes. Like what?? 

The hypocritical thing is that I watched BookSmart with one of the girls and she found it hilarious. Like...what?? It's the same thing as Superbad. It's a coming of age film about high schoolers trying to fit in, get the girl, etc. The only difference is that Booksmart is more recent so the jokes are of course geared toward LGBT stuff. I found both films absolutely great, so... I guess I don't know why Superbad = bad, but Booksmart = okay?

Anyone else come across that with tv shows or movies while watching it with others? Maybe it's an age gap thing.

The majority of people who suport PC culture just do it for clout points and to feel better than anybody else

It's just a swing of the pendulum in social trends, we're probably headed back towards CoD MW2 lobby level social interaction in the future where words are words

I’m sick of the PC culture. We need to now buy physical media such as DVDs of shows because with streaming sites, gags and scenes that were okay years ago but aren’t okay now will begin to disappear. The office season 9 has a character in black face and I read that will be removed from the streaming versions now.

Wow, that is a sad day for fans everywhere if that is true that they'll be removing those jokes/gags from our media. Like how far are they going to go? Maybe instead they could do something like HBO and Gone with the Wind where they just put a disclaimer or some shit instead of pandering to twitter/tumblr trolls and straight up removing it.

PC culture really is deytroying modern entertainment.