arrow_upward
Cuphead Versus Darksouls
Which game do you think was more difficult to learn or beat, Cuphead versus Darksouls? Any other games you thought were the "Darksouls of genre"? I personally thought it took more skill to clear up Cuphead even though both games took perseverance.

dark souls for sure. cup head is just reflexes and stuff

I dodged more in Cuphead than I ever did in Dark Souls.

I think dark souls is more strategic while Cuphead requires more memory and reflexes.

That's a good point, I just thought that Dark Souls was less difficult due to that exact reason in that you can use your wits and gear to push through challenges, though Cuphead also provides multiple different weapons to accommodate varying play styles.

Games like the surge is also similar to this you can’t simply run up and neutralize enemies you have to be smart and dodge and counter so you don’t get hit and lose a shit ton of life in the process

cuphead has a interesting style but dark souls has a very subtle cool lore. just a game being difficult doesnt make it great

Cup head, with the correct weapon you will always be damaging the boss even though it’s not much but dark souls the attacks have a cast time which leaves you vulnerable.

having beaten cuphead and played the souls series for hundreds of hours... i'd call it a draw.

they both have punishing mechanics, both have patterns to follow and tells to look for from enemies, and both won't pull any punches if you don't know what you're doing.

they also both have way to cheese the hell out of everything and make the game easy! dark souls has magic, cuphead has chaser and easy mode