arrow_upward
Development of ai and the progress
I saw an interview with an AI named: 'What It's Like To be a Computer: An Interview with GPT-3' and I was really intrigued about it's responses and how people were able to develop this in this day and age. Seeing this video and hearing about GPT-3 responses made me think that a situation similar to Detroit: Become human might not be that far away as I thought it would be. 
I wonder how long it will take before an AI can become an viable option as a partner or companion for e.g. lonely people.
I'm interested to hear what you guys think about what AI could become to us and how long it might take for it to happen.

I know some countries already have robot waiters that take your order or robot hotel receptionists, albeit not fully AI, it's a step close. Personally, I think it'd be cool and I'd totally be down for it, but I just know there'll be a strong opposition towards it from large groups of people. Never played the game before so not sure how it goes in that, but I can already see the controversy, fear, and discrimination that would take place in the real world if/when that would happen. There's already controversy over self driving cars and automation technology, so even though I welcome the idea of it, I feel like a good bit of humans aren't ready for it yet lol

[+] 1 user Likes ceratsiv's post