arrow_upward
Djokovic a GOAT?
It's hard to consider Djokovic a GOAT when he pulls antics like he did at these olympics, I feel like GOAT status is not only down to your tennis ability but also how you conduct yourself on and off the court, which I have no problem regarding Federer or Nadal. Opinions?

[+] 1 user Likes d0zza's post
did people magically forget that federer had an extreme temper too? no doubt djokovic needs to work on his mental in terms of hiding his frustrations but i'm not gonna fault him for it. it doesn't take away from his slams or record breaking achievements. casuals think tennis and its players are boring but yet when players show emotion, they get upset. the double standard is evident.

Quote: did people magically forget that federer had an extreme temper too?
Don't forget John McEnroe's famous temper. He liked breaking tennis rackets when he was pissed off.

Quote: It's hard to consider Djokovic a GOAT when he pulls antics like he did at these olympics
Considering the guy needs a new set of knees, I can't blame him. I've had knee injuries, the pain will make you pissed off at everything, especially when they don't work right.

only one GOAT and thats Federer

All that aside bro, you can't ignore all his achievement just for this. He will always be a GOAT ?

Statistically speaking yes, but morally no.
I think the GOAT conversation, particularly for tennis, is more heavily weighted towards what they've contributed to the image of the sport.
In Djokovic's case, it's slightly more negative than that of Federe and Nadal - only because they have displayed such high levels of discipline and sportsmanship over their careers.

I mean, just the ability to watch 3-20x slam winners -- pretty lucky for us fans!