arrow_upward
DnD Fans?
Anybody here that loves DnD? I'm trying to get some of my friends to play but we are extremely inexperienced. Any recommendations/tips would be appreciated

Not a DnD fan but looks pretty cool

Always wanted to get in to dnd but my problem is getting mates together and money.

DnD looks pretty interesting but I never got into it

I’m playing a wizard right now

Bringbranger22 Wrote:Always wanted to get in to dnd but my problem is getting mates together and money.
I feel that. That's how it was for me for a long time, but I kept watching streamers play and I finally caved and got into it. If you're looking to spend the least amount possible, I know there are pdfs of the player's handbook and stuff, and there are dice rolling apps so you wouldn't have to buy a set. Right now I'm in the process of setting up a way to play online with friends using roll20

nanolith_ Wrote:I’m playing a wizard right now
How is that? I kind of want to play one, but I heard it can be a bit complicated with all of the spells and magic mechanics. The only thing I've run before is a rogue ?‍♂️

[+] 1 user Likes Johntgewayneboiii's post
Johntgewayneboiii Wrote:
Bringbranger22 Wrote:Always wanted to get in to dnd but my problem is getting mates together and money.
I feel that. That's how it was for me for a long time, but I kept watching streamers play and I finally caved and got into it. If you're looking to spend the least amount possible, I know there are pdfs of the player's handbook and stuff, and there are dice rolling apps so you wouldn't have to buy a set. Right now I'm in the process of setting up a way to play online with friends using roll20

How is that? I kind of want to play one, but I heard it can be a bit complicated with all of the spells and magic mechanics. The only thing I've run before is a rogue ?‍♂️
The mechanics of spell slots and spell management aren’t that difficult once you get the general idea down. I’m playing a necromancer specifically and it’s a good time. Wizards have the biggest list of spells to pick from, and I’ve got great utility from stuff like mending as well as being able to buff my skeletons or do direct damage if I need to. It’s very versatile. I might make a transmuter or evoker next.

[+] 1 user Likes nanolith_'s post
Johntgewayneboiii Wrote:

Interesting, didn't know you could play it digitally, I'll look it up online and might give it a go some day thanks.

definately into D&D I reccomend looking up "handbookerhelper" on youtube for advise

there's so much stuff online about making your own campaign, i've just started taking my party through curse of strahd but have changed up a few things to make it my own

D&D is one of those things I wish could be a hobby but finding time to dedicate is rough. I prefer to live vicariously through podcasts during my commute.

Big DnD and Pathfinder fan here! I got started just a few years back on Pathfinder, but then got into DMing DnD. It's super fun. As far as advice? Man, it's hard to get everyone on the same page, so just communicate well and try and get people to stick to one day: like, make them commit to playing if they can. Of course life gets in the way sometimes, and that's fine, but try to stick to a schedule. We've been playing the same game this whole time and there's 6 of us and we just lost 1 a couple months ago because he had to move to NYC for a job. But it's been a blast.

[+] 1 user Likes thezombiedidit's post
I've only been able to play DnD a bunch of times with a few friends on discord, the biggest problem for us is timezones and schedules bit it's definitely worth it if you can find online friends in the same time zone if your schedules match. there's tools like roll20 and fantasy grounds that can help with a virtual table top but it's also possible to play with voice only and theatre of the mind but it just requires more imagination. You can also check out the wizards or paizo websites and look up adventurers guild or pathfinder society to see if there's local game stores which host pick up games. Also check out conventions around your area there's usually an adventurers guild or pathfinder society scenarios hosted there more often than not, they usually provide a book to use while there or pregenerated characters to get you started right away learning and playing

Love D&D, best thing to do is take it slow and easy, always have a rule discussion during breaks, arguing over rules during combat/game will hinder the fun factor. Accident will happen it’s just a game and have fun. If you are DMing it’s not about you vs the player remember without the player there wouldn’t be a gaming session.

Try one of the starter campaigns

never tried it, it does seem fun though