arrow_upward
Do I need better headphones to enjoy ASMR?
Have tried a few ASMR recommendations. I have some good headphones but they're not the best. 

So far ASMR hasn't really done it for me though, which is strange because I react so strongly in real life to things that are LIKE ASMR. Whispers, tongue in ear, etc. 

I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe I just tried crappy ASMR? Any recommendations?

I dont think better headphones will make much change. I can get ASMR from my freaking phone speakers Smile , although maybe not the best experience. I find myself to be pretty picky about the sounds so maybe you just need to find the best triggers. There is a couple of 100 triggers in one video on youtube, maybe check those out. Also i find that erotic ASMR often doesn't work for me.

Not really. You just need to be relaxed and in a quiet room. I've found that being in the dark helps, too.

Nah mate. I enjoyed it very much on a 20$ headset.

Yeah, even dollar store ear buds will work. My adive, set up a dark room, slightly cool, close your eyes and listen. You'll find your triggers. I like ear rubbing, mic scratch, ear licking and the predator type noises made by a twitch streamer.

Id think about getting better headphones anyway, it really makes listening to music more fun

Wider soundstage makes a big difference to me, helps the realism.

no. you can enjoy it without headphones or earbuds. even the speaker on my phone works well although it does sound great in high quality headphones. if you really wanna hear it well, buy a pair

As others mention, works with pretty much any headphones or speakers.

Just need somewhere quiet.. any headphones would do

nah i dont think so