arrow_upward
Do surgical masks help protect against coronavirus?
I recently went grocery shopping and I saw that most of the shoppers had on masks. Do they really help protect you from the coronavirus?

[+] 1 user Likes Johhnydi's post
I think the jury is still out on how much of a benefit they provide but no one has suggested that they make it worse.

[+] 1 user Likes Dslg01's post
Only fp2 and fp3 without valve,but fp1 is better than nothing

[+] 1 user Likes jhongold's post
Yes, it does, besides that, social distancing is another way to keep you safe as well

I mean, you're better off compared to not wearing a mask

a surgical mask won't make you invulnerable, but even doctors and nurses will use them if they don't have enough n95 masks, so they definitely help

i think no is the answer... listened to a podcast of joe rogan with a "medical detective" said the virus is suspected to be air born surgical mask has so many holes so it wont protect you just the people around you if you sneezed or something

Only if you have cough or cold, otherwise no

I read something that they do inface protect just not as much as the n95 mask

• If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.

• Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.

• Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

• If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.

[+] 1 user Likes Tomxdiscord's post
Yes they do, there's been scientific papers on this study

it's interesting
if they tell you the virus can remain airborne for 3 hours, what does it matter if we stay 6 feet apart or not?

The higher tier ones can

masks dont help unless you actually have the virus not touching your nose eyes and mouth unless you wash your hands is biggest way to avoid contracting the virus just some people arent well informed

not fully protect. the point is to reduce spread. You can still spread the virus (if ure infected) even when youre in healthy stage.

[+] 1 user Likes jasonmack's post
im sure it helps a little. it is spread through droplets

if you can manage to find n95 masks then they would be beneficial

No way to tell for sure but it doesn’t hurt to try

if you dont keep the distance needed the short answer is no

I think the general masks you see people wearing only help prevent the spread of the virus through stopping particulates from sneezing or coughing from entering the air. To actually protect yourself you would need a proper airtight seal with a respective filter