arrow_upward
Do you have a dashcam? Any recommendations?
A lot of friends have advised me to get a dashcam for my car. And seeing some of these accident videos on Youtube, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

What dash cam do you guys have? Is it worth getting a kit with both front and rear camera, or is just front fine? Did you guys hard wire the camera to the car yourself?

I bought a rather cheap one (generic brand), only for the front. It worked well and even had to use the footage once due to an accident. If you're buying only the front camera then installing it is easy, just shove the wire from the plug around the dash and into the windshield side post until you reach the desired spot. However, setting up a dual camera system is a bit more complex and if you don't have the skills and tools you better pay a pro to do it for you.

Some of them are actually wireless and works ok probably but I would bet on a wired one if you want a reliable, quality video.

I got a Rexing brand camera, a friend recommended the brand and after 2 years I also recommend them based on ease of use and customer support. Definitely go front and rear, if you're going to do it might as well go for the whole thing.

I prefer hardwire for a clean setup. I used the Rexing hardwire kit with add-a-circuit fuse adapter that stacked on to the cigarette lighter fuse.

There’s a lot of recommendations online but it varies about what your budget and needs are

Never had one. I thought about getting one but never pulled the trigger...

[+] 1 user Likes bimbam12's post
I think everyone should own a dashcam. Cheap insursnce and can actually be a lifesaver in a sense