arrow_upward
Do you hoard food for several days?
The Corona Pandemic has led to empty supermarket shelves in some countries. Have you also started to build up stocks? Do you also store water for several days?

[+] 1 user Likes eggTimer's post
I usually buy enough to last at least a week to 2 with each trip stocking up on a few cans and pasta/rice. There's no point in hoarding and just causes panic in other people to do so

Im in the US and while there are some empty shelves its mostly the things that last a while. like dried foods and cans. Once people have enough and stop hoarding, the shelves will be stocked with them again. Water has been in stock everytime i go but I have a filter at home and can always boil water.

Buy enough to be okay for a week or so.

The supply chain isnt going anywhere anytime soon, but that doesnt stop people from being idiots. I just buy once or twice a week as usual.

I made my monthly shopping trip before the freak out started so it didn't really affect me much. Though I didn't stock up on coffee but I have a few days left of that so we'll see if they have the brand I prefer when I go check

I got supplies for about 3 months. But mostly stuff that nobody cared like canned meats and other grains. Should be fine.

I have supermarket in walk able distance , hence buying only stuff needed for a week

I just buy a week's worth of food

only the wealthy enough can hoard food

no definitely not

I butly enough to last me a while

my normal shopping habits are to bulk buy the things I use when they're on sale, so my shopping habits haven't changed much. I did run out of jasmine rice a couple weeks back and haven't been able to restock, but that's the only major disruption

Yes I do, I bought food enough to be able to stay home for at least a 1 to 2 weeks. This is mandatory to avoid contact and follow authorities' rules.
I recommend buying non-perishable food. You can also put food like meat in the freezer to extend the food preservation.

I normally only buy a weeks worth of food, but because of coronavirus I am now buying a months worth. I have bought a lot more canned food than I usually get.

dont really need to anymore where i live, supermarkets pretty much back to normal

no need for hoarding unless you're living in some desert or something