arrow_upward
Do you think splitscreen games/couch coop will ever return?
I still remember the days of Halo splitscreen with friends and siblings, or Overlord shenaniganery. What are everyone's thoughts on if couch coop compatible games might come back at any point in the future?

I dont think so, with the internet it's easier for anyone to play from their tv

Probably not, Borderlands 2 split screen was the shit though

I hope it does but it’s highly unlikely

Online is the future

i would hope it does but i doubt it tbh

Screen looking days. It is a legitimate strategy!

I think games like Gang Beasts and Overcooked! show that there's an appetite for some form of local/couch co-op. I just wish more companies would follow that trend.

Bro I hope so man those were some great times back in the days

SAME! was just complaining about it this week.

i totally get why it's becoming less of a thing. and programming a game for split-screen is a whole separate operation that's not worth companies spending $$ on. But damn, those were the best. I think one of the older Resident Evil games was split screen? Spent hours on that.

Or twisted metal!!

anyway... idk. maybe the way of the future is bringing a 2nd TV to your friends' house. Or wait until everyone has VR headsets. that'll be weird

I wish it did, but online services provide an alternative. I think the only games that will still have split screens will be more casual and party games.

I doubt they'll come back to be as popular as current games atm which is sad cos I have fond memories playing overcooked

On the plus side, there's Overcooked 2! So, it could be worse!

Split screen was alot of fun and made people bond together over videogames and silly conversation

today online took over is not as fun, IIMHO, but makes companies more money, so it´s here to stay

split screen is just a nice memory now

With consoles like the switch which are pretty focused around playing with other people, hopefully. prefer it to online - really liked the wii.