arrow_upward
Does anyone else collect blu-rays?
I know Netflix and Disney+ have a ton of content but for my favorite movies, I like to own a hard copy. (since netflix removes stuff all the time too.)
Does anyone else buy this? What is your budget? I usually don't buy a blu-ray unless it's $15 or less.
I recommend checking out ebay because I bought Hobbit blu-rays for like $4 brand new.

[+] 1 user Likes glitchy's post
I like to buy Blu rays. I find there is a certain joy in owning physical media. It can't be affected by any licensing deals with streaming. Owned for life.

Blue rays still seem to be a thing because of the quality

Still holding on to a pile of DVDs to convert to digital, trying to remove clutter in house.
I was a regular in the Gamestop dvd clearance section, buying 10-20 DVD under $5

Blurays have the master quality. With a good system, it's amazing

I have 10........since 2000

[+] 1 user Likes eBlack2's post
I still have my massive binder of dvds and blurays... the Walmart discount bin was my friend in college. I have moved on to tactical acquisition of digitally formatted movies so my collection has shifted away from physical media.
I want to get a bluray drive for my computer so I can rip all the physical stuff I have... but i'm having a hard time justifying the purchase given I am most likely abandoning disks

shame taht everything is going digital tbh

[+] 1 user Likes EcstaticOpposite5's post