arrow_upward
Don't really like much new music.
I find most new music terrible, it may just be the people I'm around, but I wanna know how people can actually like it.

[+] 2 users Like babababbaba's post
Yeaaa, maybe because our creativity is on our peak. We can’t produce music just from the ordinary notes melody. Just listen to the environment, or white noise, or bible recitation

Yeah I have a similar problem with new music. It all sounds generic like something I've heard a million times before. Same with movies; seen all the scripts before, they're just performed by new/different actors.

[+] 1 user Likes Futurepm72's post
It's because the music "industry" controls every bit of music on the airwaves, and it's all the same stuff, because it's cheap and easy to produce. They also control who has hits and who doesn't, so the only things that get promoted are those that they fully control. Modern "popular" music sucks sweaty unwashed donkey balls on their best day. And the radio sucks cuz of it.

If you want to find music that's good, you gotta delve into the stuff that doesn't get actual airplay. The various kinds of metal, jazz, classical, and other genres of music that seem to be limited to YouTube or Bitchute or other places. Look around, you will find TONS of music that you never though existed!

I don't know if I'm supposed to post links here, but there is a youtube video about "The Death of Melody". I do think that is partly the case, but also the time we live in is very "CONTENT"-focused. There must ALWAYS be a stream of new "CONTENT" and so there is just tons of stuff being churned out constantly.

Setting aside that music has always been part of an "industry", the cultural shift to "content creation" is relatively recent in the past decade or so and I think explains why so much of contemporary media feels disposable and generic. It is meant to serve a one-time, short-term purpose.

Depending on the genre you're talking about, some contemporary music is good while other stuff isn't.

But now more than ever it feels like the "mainstream" can't even churn out stuff that even sounds decent. Plus with a lot of genre-crossover, it can have a tendency to water down the creative sound of a song.

I STILL listen to old music, from like early 2000s and shit, and even then some music from the 80s.

not all of them but sure

Give Snarky puppy a shot! Check em out on youtube!

All music is gnarly

But when was music good?

I'm in the same boat. I either listen to the same stuff I've been enjoying for 20+ years, or I find stuff that's "new" to me that was made years ago. I haven't followed or listened to any "new" music, aside from the occasional radio station, for years and years now.

Same!!!!!!

It's most likely because of how industrialized it has become, they have managed to come up with a formula of what sticks in peoples heads and are just running with it to maximize profits. Record labels aren't willing to take a chance on something different, no matter how gifted the artist/band is because it may not be a hit and their investment would be for nothing. 
It's better to go with a generic but good looking person who they can mould into what they want and that they know won't want to take their own direction with the music. Music has gone from artistic expression to simply a vehicle towards fame.