arrow_upward
Driving Across the US
Who has driven across the US? Is there a better route to take? Across the north? South? middle? Is there any hidden gimmick places that seem lame that you might have stopped at and was way better than you expected?

There are a bunch of routes to take across the US. Choose a route and then ask your question again.

You don't want to think of it like that, you want to sort of look at it like "where can I visit to get my best views," try to see it from that approach.

Whatever root you do take bring snacks those are key

Bring bitches, and hoes.

And literally bring actual cash, there are still places that don't have pay systems, or even internet.

I dont live in the US lol

I'm planning on RVing across the country whenever I retire. Always wanted to do that.

make sure u take gun too

Pretty sure US-34 is the longest East-to-West highway in the US. So, you could do that one. The thing is once you get west of the Mississippi River, beyond the Appalachians, you are driving in one big flat cornfield until you get to Denver. Once you reach the foothills of the Rockies, you have to make sure you’re driving in warm weather, because the snow up there shuts down every route in and out. Take 34 to I-25 South, then get on US-70, go over the mountains. Better views. After that, go through Utah via Zion National Park. Gorgeous. After that, you can keep west through Vegas, or detour south toward AZ and go to the Grand Canyon. Get Mexican food in SoCal. Skip Hollywood, it’s a dump. Get some Chinese food in NorCal. Go higher north into Cali if you like hiking in the woods. Washington is beautiful if you avoid rainy season. Montana has some insane sunsets/sunrises. Everything east of that is boring again until Chicago. Get seafood in New England, Del’s frozen lemonade in Rhode Island, pizza in NYC. Don’t bother with Texas, or any of the south. It’s hot, muggy, and boring. 
If you wanna do it fast, you can do it (both ways) in a week. If you wanna do it right, you should do it in 2 weeks. This is a very basic rundown, and I’m sure other people have better advice.