arrow_upward
Elden ring tips
Does anyone got begginer tips on elden ring i havent played any from software games before so im kinda new to this thanks

Allright,

You want a full on dump, just ask, I'll keep it simple to begin with, don't wanna spoil it either Smile

First rule of Elden Ring is: There is no wrong way to play Elden Ring.
Second rule of Elden Ring: "Hey! Listen!"

What I mean is, unlike a lot of other games you've probably played, FromSoft games, and especially Elden Ring don't really do ANYTHING explicitly. The game won't have a popup to tell you what this item is for, it won't give you a level range for the mobs, there won't be a map marker for your next quest and you'll just have to remember if that dude you met a few hours ago said to press the left or the right button when you came to the thing in the room with the weird door.

YOU have to pay attention and make up your own mind about what might be going on, or what the smartest way forward is.

And that's wonderful! If you let it be what it is. I don't want to "tell" you to enjoy this, because really, that's stupid, if you don't you don't, no biggie.

Pick a cool class, Level up you Health a lot more than you think you need in the beginning, and if the game suddenly becomes brutal, or and enemy you found just keeps oneshotting you over and over, it's trying to maybe tell you to go explore some other corner of the map for a while. Trust me, you'll find something cool there too.

If stuff is still really hard, try some magic, or a shield and mace, or a big two handed monstermasher you can jump attack with then run away.

It all works.

And yeah, you're gonna die, a lot, but that's ok, cause there's this giant amazing world with all these awesome bosses and secrets and caves and quests and super cool armors and and and! It's just out there, waiting! Big Grin