arrow_upward
Electron
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']I recently embarked on a project that seemed straightforward at first – creating an application where employees could scan QR codes to trigger label printing. Little did I know, this journey would turn into a battle against the quirks and challenges of Electron.[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']The real thorn in my side? The communication between the backend and frontend. It was nothing short of atrocious. Mysterious breaks in the connection and elusive bugs turned what should have been a smooth process into a frustrating experience.[/font]
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']And let's not even get started on windows and printing functionality. Creating new windows felt like cracking a code, and using them for printing added an extra layer of complexity. After downgrading four times, I finally stumbled upon a version that did what it promised. [/font]