arrow_upward
Favorite Random Fun Fact?
What is one of your favorite random fun facts that you like to pull out when talking with friends. For me personally, as of recent my go to has been that Japanese honeybees have a natural defense system against Japanese giant hornets whereby they cling on tightly to the intruder and then rapidly flap their wings to increase their body temperature. Since the giant hornets don't have any potential way of cooling themselves off (and since the honeybees are more resilient against higher temperatures), they are essentially able to cook the giant hornets using their bodies. Of course, this comes with the caveat that usually 10 honeybees are killed for every 1 giant hornet taken down and if they were to be swarmed by hornets, their chances of survival plummet precipitously.

otters are holding hands while sleeping to not drift apart

South Korea being the only country in the world with a majority of circumcised population that doesn't do it for religious nor health related reasons.

Koreans, always about the cosmetic aspect of things! Big Grin

The dot above an "I" is called a tiddle

did you know 11% of people are left handed?

Dogs apparently dont like hugs

Penguin have knees, that still blow my mind till now

[+] 1 user Likes Lý Nguyên Chương's post
Cats are sensitive on the back

Chickens are Dinosaurs

It’s a complete fluke that the moon appears about the same size as the sun. There’s no scientific reason, just luck.

You can't crack egs with your hand??

Giraffes have the highest blood pressure of land mammals.

A holy relic of protecting against plagues was destroyed in the notre Dame fire a few months before coronavirus

Cats kill up to 10 times more wildlife than natural predators, a 2013 study found that pet cats kill between 1 and 4 billion birds each year and up to 22 billion other mammals. keep them inside.