arrow_upward
Favorite Star Wars villain
Who is your favorite Star Wars villain and why. Mine has to be Maul. Many people say that killing him off in episode I was a bad idea, but they brought him back and gave him a better story than he would have ever had if they kept him alive. What do you guys think.

[+] 2 users Like Buver69's post
Maul is a good one. I have to admit, even though it seems weird, I'm a big fan of the structure they've given to post-prequel Darth Vader in the comics. You really get a feel for how strong he was and how dedicated he was to being a bad guy. It's impressive as hell. Plus, the addition of Doctor Aphra makes the story even more compelling. I never thought I'd be able to say that about something Star Wars that wasn't a movie.

I think the villains do well in limited doses. I remember Grievious being first introduced in the Gennedy Tartarofsky Clone Wars and he was quite imposing. Then they tried to flesh him out in the books and Revenge of the Sith and he became a joke.

Not to be a basic bitch, but I think classic Vader is my favorite, something about him being slow but deliberate makes him so much scarier, like he knows he's gonna kill you so why would he rush lol, plus James Earl Jones' voice is amazing

[+] 1 user Likes phtaaa's post
Darth Vader always

[+] 1 user Likes gilbertobbb21's post
I would say Emperor Palpitine

I'm another one for old Palpy!

[+] 1 user Likes Helios78's post
None of them game me the same feeling of helplessness as I felt when Darth Maul came onto the screen. Fantastic character.

Maul for me had a phenomenal character arc, his change from phantom menace all the way through until his death in clone wars was insane, he has to go down as one of the greatest.

Gotta love Grievous, prequel memes are great

I like me some count dooku. Cold blooded

Kylo Ren because of the idea behind the character. A young, confused, and powerful kid, who has been manipulated into the path of the dark side. He wishes to be just like Darth Vader, but is no where near as skilled and powerful as him and everyone knows it, even if he tries to make himself appear menacing with his mask and voice changer. That’s probably why they hired Adam Driver, because he didn’t look very intimidating and I feel that that was something done on purpose to convey the difference between him and Vader. Definitely the best handled character in the sequel trilogy