arrow_upward
Feedback on hidden links from a newish user
Hi,

Although I created the account some time ago, I never truly settled in. I have now been reading more deeply the rules, the credit system, faq, and I have some feedback.

TLDR: Hidden Links seem to contribute to shit posting comments, which other systems seem designed to counter. Is there a better design?

Long version:

When you land on a post in the forum for the first time, you are prompted to comment to reveal a hidden link. You are in this way encouraged to create an account and post a comment. Good. You quickly realize though that many comments are nonsensical (eg: "ghghhghgh"). 

The 

Feedback on hidden links from a newish user.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on Feedback on hidden links from a newish user.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.
explains how the hidden links are created, but not why they exist. It is only when you read

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on Feedback on hidden links from a newish user.
 that you learn that the contributor may gain credits when links are unlocked. 

At this point some parts start to make sense; the same guide tells you that the credit system is trying to encourage a thriving community while reducing shit posting, for example penalizing bad threads and not rewarding comments. Great!

The problem is that the hidden link comment requirement encouraged shit posting a comment. It may also be the case that the user doesn't have credits, in which case the comment does not actually translate into an actual unlock, polluting the thread without meaningful content or transaction.Additionally, there is no clear information on whether all hidden links are also premium. For example, a similarly confused user brings up that point

Registered Members Only

(which was addressed in that post, but may lack visibility).

I wonder if there is a better system than "comment to view the link". I think simply "liking" is also allowed. But perhaps a set of categories or tags that you choose from for the post "never seen", "top content", "truly amateur", "top image resolution", which in return measure how well you tag posts. Maybe disabling the requirement to comment would steer people to write more meaningful comments?

I am not sure what the solution is, just my two cents Smile

[+] 4 users Like hypercatus's post
I appreciate the candid feedback, but not having hidden links will have scrapers and white knights mass report links and ruin them for everyone.

We have been around since 2017, we have seen how things work, and unfortunately this is the best system we have come up with for now.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

Yes, I definitely understand the need for hidden links. I was just wondering whether there are better systems than the "comment" one.
But I get it, there might not be other easy ways to achieve what you want in forum format.

[+] 2 users Like hypercatus's post
I agree with hypercatus in that a lot of new users end up commenting on a thread trying to unlock the post and ultimately bloating the thread. One of the threads I was looking to unlock is almost 20 pages long and only two posts on the first page have any real content while the rest are effectively spam.

I certainly respect your decision to use this system since it has clearly let this forum survive for quite some time. However, the excessive comments on some threads can make content hard to find.

What I hate is that I've liked and commented on a bunch of posts and never been sent the link!

Gotta work your way up for this

well i think the system works, but yes a bit more transparency would help i think