arrow_upward
Football(soccer) in USA is it growing?
Can anyone from the USA give their opinion on the growth of soccer and whether its becoming popular? what parts of USA play it the most?

[+] 1 user Likes johnnycotton29's post
I’m from the east coast and I think it’s safe to say it’s way more popular here than in the middle of the country. That said, still not nearly as popular as baseball, basketball, football, or hockey. A lot more young people are into it though so that could change.

honestly, european leagues are obviously more better because they mainly play soccer but over here in the us it gets more and more popular by the years. and im genuinely proud of it

As far as pro sports go, it's growing slowly.

For the rest of the country, soccer is one of the most popular sports for under-18s nationwide. It seems like nearly every family has their kids play soccer, and their are probably way more kids playing soccer than there are playing basketball or American Football. Foreigners don't ever see this side of America, but soccer is practically a national sport here.

I don’t think soccer is going to stride any further... the US is heavily focused on the NFL and the NBA plus the MLB... it’s just something many Americans don’t find amusing...

[+] 1 user Likes minilife's post
a little but obviously still not bigger than american football and basketball

[+] 1 user Likes hillmeade0's post