arrow_upward
Genealogy
So, anyone else interested in the subject?  I've been going through my family for a long time now and can't help but love the puzzles it poses and interesting facts you find.  It's not all good though, sadly for me it busted the family myth that we were part Italian which upset a lot of family haha.  

What's the best/worse you've come across if you've researched your own?

it definitely shows how much family lore turns out to be completely made up!

[+] 1 user Likes Dslg01's post
Have always been fascinated with this but am also worried that family stories will turn out to be fake.

I guess it depends on how much of your identity you put into your background & family.

I know some people who did it and were happy to find out that they had connections to countries they had never heard of and thought it was cool.
but if your part of a family that strongly identify as something (like Conan being Irish for example) then it could be kinda weird to find out different.

I think it is worth the risk. So we had the family belief that we are largely or Italian decent on my mothers side. I disproved this with a DNA test sadly however on doing the research I could trace that one side of the family back over 300 years in Manchester.

This just gave me a new identity as although I have always been a manc, this just instilled it even more, that my family was there throughout all the historical important times which Manchester was involved in.

[+] 1 user Likes Fazz25's post
that sounds cool. in a case like that, it makes you feel like you belong even more as your ancestors walked the same streets as you do.

but a more important question....united or city?  Big Grin Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes bonopineapple's post
Yeah, I would strongly recommend it, such fun uncovering things.

Hah, I'm neither, I think they're all a bunch of overpaid pansies Big Grin

haha, aint that that truth!

i think I will take a test in the next few years. i nearly did it a few years back when feeling impulsive but chickened out.
got nervous about the idea that they have your dna haha

have read a lot of amazing posts about it on reddit though and am intrigued to find out what mine would show.

did you get percentages and location info on yours?

i always find it hilarious when there's 0.05% of some place that you would never expect.

Yeah, rather boring for mine sadly compared to others, around 90% british and germanic and 10% Maltese but it will be interesting to try and track that Malta connection.

not really interested. what would your dna reveal about you other than where and with whom ur families mated.

Create urself through what you do

i think you have a fetish!

Any discord link?

this is what Maltese people sound like Big Grin