arrow_upward
Generic/Offbrand item more expensive than Name Brand
I know medicine is a little different than other commercial items, but i was given a prescription earlier today with a generic brand of a drug, and it was 3x the price of the name brand i switch to after seeing the price

Made me wonder if people have ever seen a generic/offbrand item be more expensive then their name brand counterparts

Medicine is a weird market. Your experience I can't explain, but it happens. Though I've seen some generic meds that are the exact same price as the name brand, even despite being made in two different factories.

For other generic stuff: If it says "compare to X name brand", it means that it is that name brand, just with a different label and price.

Medicine is great but expensive theyre moneyhungry douschebags its not good make medicine free

Yeah typically generic over the counter medicine (Tylenol, Advil, etc.) Is just as good as the name brand stuff but at a fraction of the price.

There are only a few things I actually go to the name brand for. Toilet paper is one of them.