arrow_upward
Good Mid-Range Graphics Card
Any recommendations for a mid-Range card.  Looking to play mostly older games nothing high end, but something decent.

Any budget in mind? 5700 is good bang for buck as well as the 1600 series. If you're looking to play older titles, you could also just go refurbished. Also, depends on what resolution you want to play at. A lot of people have larger monitors now that support 2 and 4K.

get a gtx 1060

RX580 used, GTX 1060 6GB used, GTX 1070 used, GTX 1660 Super new, RTX 2060 new. It just depends on your budget and what you want to do with it. Look at some benchmarks on youtube!

try the 2060 SUPER cards by NVIDIA, what is your price range when you say "mid-range"?

RTX 2060 is pretty good, if you want a newer graphic card, I recommend it over the GTX series because of the raytracing capabilities

Always felt AMD has the best bang for the buck. I agree with the above poster. Used RX580. Will run almost anything at 1080!!

[+] 1 user Likes pdeluxe's post
(07-04-2020, 03:44 AM)pdeluxe Wrote: Always felt AMD has the best bang for the buck. I agree with the above poster. Used RX580. Will run almost anything at 1080!!
Indeed, Rx 580 used are a good bang for your buck, I've still got one I'm about to run on my secondary PC, might not run every game maxed out but ones like the Sapphire Nitro+ are
pretty damn good and a lot cheaper than other cards that are considered mid-range right now.

Rx 580 or if you want a little more performance get the Rx 5700xt. A quick side note about the AMD gpus though is that their driver support is honestly a hit or miss. If you are lucky you will have no problems for a great gpu at an amazing price. But if you do get unlucky you may have to do a little bit of troubleshooting to get it working but don't worry! Once you do get past all the road blocks it will work perfectly fine.
Nvidia gpus have pretty much 2 advantages, you get ray tracing with the rtx series cards and superior driver support so you can pretty much expect it to work out of the box.

You can run most games on higher setting with an rtx 2060, but if youre looking to play mainly "older-ish" games on high settings a 1060 is probably enough I would imagine.