arrow_upward
Half Life 3
Valve released the VR-only Half Life: Alyx a while back. I don't currently have a VR headset, so I can't play it. However, this sparked discussion about the fabled Half Life 3. Valve is supposedly actually working on it now.

When do you think it will actually release, and what are you predictions as to the story line?

I dunno man. I mean if it was successful I bet they’re going to adapt some of their other ip’s into VR like portal or even make a sequel to alyx

[+] 1 user Likes JazznSaxy's post
I think Alyx is testing interest before they invest in a real sequel, but it's probably going to be VR-only again I think

I guess they want let half life 3 become a next gen game so i would wait for few years more on their place for new technology and probably focus on vr since a their last game was great

I used to think HL3 would never happen, but after Alyx I actually believe it will.

I don't think it will be VR only (to reach a bigger audience) and will be jumped forward in time to a very different time and setting (like the difference between 1 and 2).

Maybe some cross over with portal too!

Well half life alyx sets up the story of 3 so I'm assuming they'll follow that, which will be pretty confusing for all the people who never played alyx.