arrow_upward
Hard Drive Docking Stations
I currently have multiple HDDs in my desktop tower. I think it is causing overheating issues due to lack of air flow. I was looking into buying an external docking station that I could put all of my hard drives in, and then just connect it via USB to my desktop.

Does anyone have any experience with performance, reliability, etc.? And any good brand recommendations? I was looking at Sabrent.

Why're you still using HDD and not SSDs? They're faster nowadays, unless you're using them for storage only. I used to have 18TB of HDD, but slowly removed a lot of those files, and reduced HDDs into SSDs.

I'm just using them for storage. I don't mind that they're slower than SSDs. Price per GB is still lower.

(04-03-2022, 02:30 AM)nissyack Wrote: I currently have multiple HDDs in my desktop tower. I think it is causing overheating issues due to lack of air flow. I was looking into buying an external docking station that I could put all of my hard drives in, and then just connect it via USB to my desktop.

Does anyone have any experience with performance, reliability, etc.? And any good brand recommendations? I was looking at Sabrent.

I tend to enjoy the Orinco magnet lid 5 bay usb-c system for great cooling and ease of use, until I went with a hotswap rack for a desktop server setup with built in fans, etc. This unit served me well, until I went for a more robust setup, but will do the good and keep those HDDs cool.

[Image: 00bdb1380cc576244482bc56d39d634c.png]