arrow_upward
Hobbies worth getting into
What are your hobbies that you would recommend another person to get into. Landscaping, painting, woodworking, gaming, etc. Something that would be relatively cheap to start and can be done either solo or with others.

Model building is a hobby that i would recommend. There are models for all kinds of interests. Cars/trucks, planes, trains, tanks, gunpla, etc. Start off with cheap kits, cheap paint, and youtube videos. As you get better you can customize the model with bullet holes, dents, scuffs, dirt, or even a landscape

[+] 1 user Likes xtk29339's post
I always recommend gym or any sports. It good for you and good for your physical and mental health. Gaming is also good fun.

[+] 1 user Likes Chaotic's post
Sounds cliche but an active hobby like tennis or something can be a lot of fun and make you healthier. You gotta start somewhere

Video games. maybe I'm preaching to the choir but if you need some fun in your life there is so much out there for you. Hell I've got some steam gifts I can send out too if anyone needs some help getting into it let me know

[+] 1 user Likes fitfan's post
Photography has been super rewarding for me, especially film. Having to think about every shot, and also waiting so much time to see the photos makes it a really great experience IMO. you can get a starter camera really cheap too

[+] 1 user Likes radronnie571's post
programming, not only can it help you start a career, but it can actually be a lot of fun too

[+] 2 users Like Ally Smith's post
Building RC drones as it requires and develops a bunch of skills in electronics, robotics, aerodynamics, programming. These are all valuable skills that will be incresingly saught after as automation becomes more common. Also, flying FPV, video and photography is fun and rewarding.

[+] 1 user Likes dean am's post
Drawing. It rewarding to see how you've improved over certain period of time. Plus you get to express yourself

Agree with photography. Can get quite expensive, but film is cheap to start

These ALL sound great, and like they'd all be really rewarding. But programming sounds Awesome, but honestly how hard is it to start learning the basics? It seems really difficult to get into like a super complicated language..?

I really enjoyed building my first PC and taking about 6 months to read and research all the parts I wanted. And now that it's built I enjoy it every day.

I myself is just about to order magnets and start magnet fishing, cheap and it looks like a ton of fun. just search it on YouTube if you don't know what it is. And if you are lucky you can find some valuables.