arrow_upward
Home gyms
Because of COVID, a lot of people have decided to build their own home gyms/workout areas. Has anyone here done something like that?

Also, do you think that a lot of people will just continue working out at home instead of paying to use a gym after the pandemic dies down?

I just do simple workouts that don’t require much gear. At most I use dumbbells and weighted vests.
And I think people gonna continue using the gym. A lot of people do better when they’re not at their comfort zone. Just like how many students just can’t study at their max potential at home.

Pull up bar at home works for me

Calisthenics can only get you so far - make sure to use dumbbell (preferably barbell) workouts.

Hmm you can make homemade barbells using wooden/plastic poles/bars at home (just make sure it can hold decent weight) and tying bundles of old newspapers or books at both ends of the pole/bar.
This works for me so why not?

gyms will have people back when they reopen, working out at home is so different even if you have all the same equipment which most people don't. I don't think I;ll pay for another any time soon though membership though, pull up and dip station at the park is good enough for me now

home gyms are definitely more economical in the long run but i’d wait for the market to stabilize