arrow_upward
Home server for data
hy guys, 

i want to make some home server for leaked stuffs
can somebody help to me for do this?

i want to buy some raspberry for this project and hard drives.
Where can i buy now raspberry because everywhere was sold out.

Thanks for the help

probably better to buy a nas if you can afford it.

Since you want to go the Raspberry Pi route, I assume you're a novice Linux user on a budget.
Within you're chosen route, I recommend running a Raspberry Pi (preferably the 4 with 2+ GB of RAM) with OpenMediaVault.
However, a 3B would be perfectly fine for the job if you only want NAS (no torrent, streaming / DLNA server and other services).

There are plenty of manuals to setup a Pi with OpenMediaVault. Just Google for it.
You're looking for a manual for the Pi 4 with OpenMediaVault 5 at the moment of writing.
If those manuals read like gibberish for you, I can only say go for a Synology (but it will cost you $$).

Not to sound like a jerk, but if you can't Google for where to buy a RPi in your country, maybe RPi + OVM is not the way to go.
However, with adequate effort, users (or I) will happily help you setting up your RPi + OMV.
That means you have tried yourself, can exactly tell what you've done and what's going wrong.

Just a note: I hate using RPi. SD card wear and tear is a real thing.
Minimizing reads and write can significantly expand the lifespan of a SD card.
For me personally, it's still too unreliable.

If you want something reliable too, again, buy a NAS.
Or build your own (low-energy) server with OVM instead of using a RPi.
The self-build route can be cheaper than a Synology NAS, but more expensive compared to using a RPi.

[+] 1 user Likes mrutte66's post
thanks for the help. This is my first project and im a newbie this section.

i want to learn something trough this project and start my home upgrading.