arrow_upward
Horror movie recommendations
I just watched It and Hereditary after years without watching any horror movies, any more recommendations?

[+] 1 user Likes Chjlc's post
Trollhunter, it's from 2010 and does the found footage thing with a group of college kids going to make a documentary about a suspected bear poacher, but find much more, and the movie is what is being filmed by them. I don't know how much of a problem this would be for you, but it is in Norwegian and has subtitles. I really enjoyed the actors in this flick, particularly the guy they're following, Hans, and the effects are still pretty decent, I'd say.

Cabin In the Woods is an amazing mash-up of horror and a really dark comedy that is more of a send-up to the greats of the 80s with the slasher pics. It offers up a number of explanations for why things happen in horror films and stands as a great deconstruction of the genre as a whole. Produced by Joss Whedon, directed by Drew Goddard, and written by both, it has a good bit of comedy, but still offers up some scary moments.

I’d recommend all the scary movies for a bit of lockdown laughter

Underwater was a lot better than I expected.

Super cringey - but 'In the Tall Grass' was alright.

U have saw movie they are scarie af but they are fun

Have you seen the Purge? its pretty good

The original chainsaw massacre was scary as hell. Not a big fan of the remake though.

The exorcist from 1973 !

If you want something modern, I don't think you can go wrong with Train to Busan. It's foreign but it's easily one of the best horror movies I've seen in years. I'm also a huge fan of The Witch, but I think that will be more hit and miss for people whereas Train to Busan should appeal to pretty much any horror fan

If you're interested in classics, I think The Wicker Man from the 1970s (not the shitty remake) is one of the best of all time and shows Christopher Lee in maybe his greatest role

Wink The Platform is a great one on netflix watched it yesterday

Stan Helsing my friend great laughs and busty ass brunette in there

If you are into classics why don't you try Rosemary's Baby?

If you enjoyed Hereditary, give Midsommar a try. It's by the same director

If you are into classics why don't you try Rosemary's Baby?

human centipede give it a shot

Get Out is good, but if you're into ghosts the Exorcisms of Emily Rose is a classic. You can also watch Paranormal Activity and Paranormal Entity

The first Alien movies has always been one of my favorites and I also heard that Us is pretty good.