arrow_upward
How come "Liberal" Americans do not sport the flag?
I'm not sure I understand.   The American flag and superficially paying homage to patriotism gets you a long way in the states.   Liberal politicians and citizens just do not take advantage of that.  literally the biggest attack on the constitution was named "the patriot act"  so everyone would defend it  and it TOTALLY WORKED.  

For people who are not Americans.. the USA uses this to legally abduct people and violate Miranda rights (right to remain silent, right to attorney etc.) and the Geneva convention  with a linguistic loop hole.

Our main problem is the media constantly pushing fear. Fear for ratings which brings in ad dollars.

brisk910 Wrote:Our main problem is the media constantly pushing fear. Fear for ratings which brings in ad dollars.
i think ad dollars have very little to do with it.
the vast majority  of media is just propaganda, has just as much to do with ad dollars as nazi germany or north korean propaganda.

I'd echo what Brisk mentioned. Harder to compete these days with social media etc for lucrative marketing revenue. Attention economies persist.

Posting to unlock link Smile Wink Cool Big Grin Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad At Angel Angry Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart Huh Idea Cry Arrow My