arrow_upward
How did you learn programming?
Really interrested how yall learnt programming. What programming language could you recommend. 
(english isn't my first language so pls correct me if i spelled somthing wrong)

Learning in school but the best way is to start with some basic language like C with some tutorial on youtube.

I used learncpp, as it is a really well structured course and it's free.
These days I would recommend following a youtube tutorial, seeing someone do it is a lot more intuitive imo.

I believe nowdays everuone does the webz

I learnt programming on my own starting to do some front-end at home for collegues and customers asking for web pages. I think it is good to start like that.

[+] 1 user Likes Lab135's post
Mainly youtube

[+] 1 user Likes Hellofello10's post
Mainly watching vids on javascript on yt

University, which also forces you to work on projects and learn things that you will never try or learn on your own.

Good info guys. I really want to learn programming as well.

I started reading deitel's book on how to code java
It was such an insightful experience

Picked it up whilst doing it, using a mix of youtube, stackoverflow etc.

I started on Codecademy. I think it's kind of important not to dwell too long on which language you should learn first. Once you know one, the others are pretty easy to learn. A lot of concepts in programming are the same across all languages.

If you want to do web development, I'd recommend starting with JavaScript. Otherwise, do Python. Any others you might need you can learn easily after you learn one of these two

I am still struggling to learn programming after 2 years. I know syntax in python and GO but I am not very good at programming. I guess it's because of lack of practice . But idk what to do after learning the basics .

With youtube XD

University (only to have project's ideas) and tutorials/explanations/examples online

If you learn how to use google to look for everything you don't know, that's enough

[+] 2 users Like calistemia2x's post
I started learn python on sololearn and it gave me basic knowledge

I started because my physics research required it for heavy computations. I would have to google ever single thing, but eventually i kinda got the hang of the aspects of the language I needed. Once i wanted to use the languge for other kinds of tasks, i started looking around for books and stuff to get a more "classical" instruction.

Give yourself a project and oearn the bits and pieces you need to get it going

just learned some basic stuff more likely you can say basic syntax. then jumped to working. whenever needed anything just googled and my savior stack overflow was always helped

[+] 1 user Likes dikemo3042's post
Tuto on the net, MOOC, there are serveral plateform now