arrow_upward
How did you learn programming?
Learning in school maybe one of answer but I recommend youtube there are lots of useful contents you could get expertise on

I learned programming via youtube. My best advice is to get things done. You might have an idea for something you want to develop and you should really focus on just finishing it. In the meantime you might get ideas for other things, but you learn the most if you finish your projects. At the beginning I started a lot of projects and I finished none of them. That was a big mistake, because I didn't learn that much from these projects

Started just for fun when I was 11 on HTML/CSS, and graduated to ASSEMBLY, and C, now using Python/SQL to automate.

We had a literal school bus converted to a computer lab that would come to us and teach us all how to program. Most kids blew it off and tried to play videogames. I would sit there and write programs. Those were good times.

Quote: Started just for fun when I was 11 on HTML/CSS, and graduated to ASSEMBLY, and C, now using Python/SQL to automate.
I failed the class that taught me SQL. I've NEVER been able to write SQL queries worth a damn.

Quote:I failed the class that taught me SQL. I've NEVER been able to write SQL queries worth a damn.

I do a lot of backend work so this is pretty much my life now. Don't worry I've failed enough god damn classes to get where I am, too.

Wouldn't say the Uni is the best way to learn programming. It is a way and gives you lots of "on the side" knowledge, but IMO just being interested often makes you better at learning programming and thus generally better at programming (emphasis generally).

^ very true, if anything they only provide fundamentals.