arrow_upward
How do you guys prepare for exams?
I have trouble memorizing things and never really commit the material to memory. I've basically existed on cramming material last minute so its fresh in my brain.

[+] 1 user Likes letsgod22's post
Quizlet is sooo nice

studying hard is the only way

Repeat range of the test

Yeah trust Quizlet is a really good program for helping you build up your short term memory through repetition

[+] 1 user Likes Baked420's post
Creating a "study guide". The practice of actually writing content down helps with retention.

Try to understand the basics of what you trying to learn first, make sure you use easy tricks to remember that. once you master that try and focus on the little details. You have to find a way that sticks with you but for sure if you are having trouble trying to remember everything you are moving too fast

I took the approach of learning the material rather than studying for it. Varies from subject to subject and how much interest you have in it. I found it best to just continuously study bit by bit rather than in preparation for an exam

Red Bull and other energy drinks was my go to back in the days

Cramming extensively either last minute or for hour long sessions always hurt my head, So I'd just read over my study materials once or twice a day at around 15 to 20 minute intervals and either walk away or go to sleep to let the information sink in. It's worked wonders given a decent amount of time before an exam (usually a week), which results in around 14-18 study sessions spread out. If i'm more crunched for time because a teacher wants to drop a quiz the next day, then I watch TV and every time a commercial comes on I pick up the book to study. This is more for pure memorization rather than long term understanding, using a quantity over quality method. The sheer number of ads on TV, you'd have picked up the book well over 50 times in a day. Just make sure to do a final review over everything before bed to make sure you've got it.

Coffee lots of coffee

Study the material

Go to the library, no distractions.

Look up active recall on YouTube, and study with me videos help too

Study for days.

Cram the facts just before, and practice the concepts in the days prior. It helps to have an idea of what kinds of questions will come up

i used a lot of "concentration powder" in sheer panic for one..... didn't work so don't do that

Practice problems. Use old homeworks and previous tests. If it's more memorization then note sheets and flash cards. Cram away!

There's a reason why professors are able to teach students the way they do and it's because they extensively studied the subject matters. You don't have to get to that level obviously but what has helped me the most is really learning and understanding the material rather than trying to memorize by cramming it into your head and drilling it over and over. Practice problems are always a great way to see if you really understand or not.

Ebbinghaus repitition curve. Integrate it within your notes, so when taking notes, repeat topics or sentences in this pattern  1 2, 1 2, 1 2 3, 2 3 4, 3 4 5, 1 3 5. Notice that you've covered 1 about 5 times now. Not only that, but you had to remember it after a space of not remembering it. Great for classes like psycholgoy, biology and anatomy where memorizing is key. Not so much for principle based subjects like math and chemistry. For those, you can use ebbinghaus repitition, but for the concepts.