arrow_upward
How frequently do you change cars
How many years, or what other metrics do you use, before you decide to sell your old car and get a new one? I have had my Dodge Avenger sense 2008, and when i mention that everyone seems taken aback that i haven't upgraded or purchased a new car in that time. I dont drive a ton, hell my 2008 Avenger only has 70k miles on it, and the car is not in bad shape at all. The last few years though i have had to do a few things each year to get it passable for inspection, each year costing my around 800 to 1000. Things like Brakes, Tires, Tire Rod, and the like but those you would need to do anyways over time.

Extremely rarely. I think a better question would be, how long do you spend under the hood of it, trying to keep it together in one piece? Or, how often have you hit something in your engine with a hammer, and suddenly, it started working right?

I'm definitely of the mindset to get a decent reliable car, and drive it for as long as it's economically beneficial. Better to invest that money somewhere where it will actually give you a return and/or improve your quality of life.

Lease every 3 years with works out well

I've never changed cars, I live in the city and use it so infrequently so it doesn't wear down at all.

8-10 years is wise

never had a car and don't need one currently