arrow_upward
How long did it take you to get good at vector imaging?
God its intimidating. I run a small business and remaking the logo for every business card, site image, and printout is tedious. A vector image seemed the best way to go, so i download inkscape. And fucking hell, theres a huge assortment of icons and tools and i seriously assumed itd just be like tool an image up, save as vector, done. Am i missing something, or have i bitten off more than i can chew?

I've tried getting into vector graphics too and found it a little over whelming, incscape has so many futures and an industrialised UI, it takes a good amount of time to get good at anything, and it depends on how you are learning and how much time you are spending practising. If you can find some goof videos and watch people process of doing it, and spend enough time replicating it, and tweaking it with your own ideas, you'll get there, it usually takes a good 40 hours before you are at fairly competent beginner level competent at the skill as a rule of thumb (depending on the skill ofc) you can also use GIMP if you find it any easier, it also has a steep learning curve but after you get over the hump and can start using doing more intermediate to advanced tutorials and practices you'll be well away, INCscape also has a great array of help documentation.

All of this is just my opinion mind, don't take it as gospel, I hope you keep at it and enjoy you're journey
Keep Me updated?

About 6 months untill i got real good

It's still not really my thing, but definitely came more easily as I practiced a lot more. Hard to quantify through a time period

About 6 months untill i got real good

Never used inkscape but I found it relatively easy to pick up with illustrator. Understanding the pen tool is 90% of the work and then the rest is understanding guides and the Pathfinder tool (idk what the inkscape equivalent is). I'd recommend watching some logo designing vods of someone vectoring a whole logo from start to finish, and you'll pickup a lot of tricks from that.