arrow_upward
How long will airlines have to weather the storm?
How long do you think airlines will have to plan for the current low demand?  Will they  be okay by 2021 summer season or will a lot of airlines fold?  Is air travel going to get expensive or will there be heavy discounting for most of next year?

I think most of the First World will be going back to normal Summer 2021. Some Euro/American airlines will fold but Asian ones will be fine. It'll be expensive later on in summer since everyone will want to travel again probably.

I agree with the comment above. Things, hopefully, will be most normalized by them, and people will be more wanting to travel than ever. The question is if governments will allow it, but after an entire year, I would presume they would open somewhat for travels.

They'll need support from the government and a lot of non-national carriers will fail I bet

Looks like it'll be a while...

the time it'll take for people to feel safe traveling internationally will be a looong time... may take years to get back to normal. but i really don't feel bad for airlines they kind of deserve it

Similar to 20/11 terrorism attack, people stopped and planes being made were just made smaller.

smaller planes

Until we get vaccine, basically

Low prices is tempting to take a trip to places I would normally not be able to afford to go.

Until we get vaccine? who knows