arrow_upward
How many hours do you think is optimal per week in the gym?
This may seem highly opinionated but i personally find 4 hours a week enough. Anymore and i don't train as hard from a lack of focus/physical deterioration and any less i feel like i am getting weaker/less motivated.

It would be good to hear from people who focus on Stamina training like running/cycling as i have only really ever done weight training.

Depends on your goals really. I'm doing about 6-8 hours a week since I hit each muscle group twice per week, but 4 hours is a good minimum to hit each once per week also. Really any amount is better than 0 as long as you aren't overdoing it

Agreed definitely depends on your goals with different times working for everyone

It just depends on what you want to do/what your goals are. I know people that do 2.5 hours per week, max. I know others that are in there 15-20 hours per week. And there's everything in between.

Just don't be the asshole that sits on a weight bench or exercise machine for an hour at a time staring a your phone while people are waiting to use that bench or machine. And don't be that asshole that's there to get attention or just to hit on chicks.

At least three times per week

[+] 1 user Likes joachimlee's post
I think it just depends, if you wanna also do cardio 4 hours it's too little. 
Personally i think that 6 hours is good and not too demanding.

I do like 6-8 hours a week. Two days going, one day off, to let the muscles relax.

I feel at my best and see the best results at 6-8 hours per week. But bottom line I’d say just maximize what you’re doing while you’re there. Go hard for an hour each time and that’s it.

Depends on the goal, but for general maintenance 3-4x a week at 1-2 hours is the sweet spot for me.

Honestly it depends what level you are at. As long as you are getting yourself to the gym that's already a big start for most regardless of how long you spend!

As everyone has said before Depends Depends Depends

For me i'm hitting the gym 5 times a week, i don't reallllyy look at the time unless im running late for work.

For me its 99% weights training, work is 99% on my feet so that handles cardio for the most part

If you're not getting enough out of your workout you should definitely shake it up a bit!