arrow_upward
How to start JoJo's
Was gonna pick up the anime, now can I start from season 1 of the anime on Netflix or is there anything I need to watch before and is the dub any good if there is one?

Just watch it on Netflix for the convenience unless if you want to find a fan sub, which is how I'm watching it.

Starting from season 1 is perfectly fine.  Some people might tell you to skip right to Part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) but I think Parts 1 & 2, which I believe make up the entirely of season 1, provided a lot of good backstory since they're all intertwined storywise.

[+] 2 users Like monkeydn's post
Season 1 is fine because it starts at the very first part which is logically where you should start. I thought that the dub was fine since the VAs were good, but the Japanese version had its own charm that was impossible for the dub to capture. Later parts of the dub also have name changes because of copyright issues with all the musical references. Netflix subs might have it changed too, but the actual names in Japanese voicelines remain unchanged.

You should start with season 1, as it will give you a background on the antagonist of the future seasons, and there will be reoccurring characters, which will make sense to watch from the beginning.

I just went in order watching the dub on toonami. It hit fine.

This is a good question. Been wondering about this myself.

Usually I warn people about part 1 and go right ahead to 2. But if you want the full experience, go right ahead with Phantom Blood and soldier on through.

I tried to get into it but halfway through season 1 gets a little tough to watch because it was a little repetitive (idk)

Don't stop at this point, the best is coming don't sorry, the part with the second protagonist is a classic

I honestly like the first two parts the best so far

Try watching it with some friends, its more enjoyable since the first part of Jojo is not as interesting as the other parts but is important to understand the references later on