arrow_upward
If I were to try to get into programming what would be a good language to start with?
I’ve tried it before, but I just got bored of it pretty quickly. I’m planning on actually being dedicated this time around, though.

[+] 1 user Likes HorizonsEclipse Throwaway's post
give yourself a small project to do.
write a program which gets the weather from an api. that would be a simple first program

Python is pretty popular for beginners today, if you want something more professional, try Java or C++

If you want something that gets you going quite fast and gives nice results, take a look at Processing, this is a Java graphics programming tool which has a very nice GUI IDE
it should be great for the first few programming steps and since it does graphics, you get visual results immediately

Python or Java I would say

I don't think it matters that much though. learning the principles is more important. once you know one language you can always just pick up another. but you gotta know the universal principles, data structures, etc

I'd definitely start with python

Python and Java

Every language is different in it's own way, but there are some principles that won't change. From experience, Java has been a good learning experience, but Python from what I've seen is a very good first step.

[+] 1 user Likes jaaunaa111's post
If you really want to enter programming and learn from basics and clear your fundamentals you must start with C/C++
it is helpful in many ways , basically you will understand how computer works ..
and after that any language will look easy...
Note: Just learning syntax doesn't do any good ...try data structure and development also...

Like people have said Python is great to start with and you can do some really cool stuff with it, also very useful for any data science or analysts jobs

[+] 1 user Likes parrotfish69's post
I highly recommend Python. I'm currently learning it aswell at the moment,

(16-12-2020, 12:42 PM)HorizonsEclipse Throwaway Wrote: I’ve tried it before, but I just got bored of it pretty quickly. I’m planning on actually being dedicated this time around, though.

In contrast with all the plebs above, I would recommend starting with C. Its an old piece of shit that is hard and convoluted, but it teaches you many important details that are very important. If you learn that, any other language afterwards will be a piece of cake. Also, dont get pulled into object-oriented programming right from the start, it is a black hole that does more harm than good.
Telegram - @rick_techkin
DO NOT ASK ME FOR FREE LINKS

The python programming language was made to make learning easier, although it can also give some bad habits later when moving on to programming languages with a more common syntax. I would also say that javascript is a viable option, since web development makes easy to create gui's and you get to see what you are programming.

If you learn c or c++ first it will be easy for yku to get along with other languages